Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pan-Roasted Spicy Corn Salad


We are quite busy this weekend! I threw this together really quick, and figured I would share it!




This is so quick and easy, it travels well and it tastes best cold (I think). We are big corn fans in my house, so it's always a good solution when I'm not sure just what to make.

First, I whipped up a batch of my "fiesta-lime" seasoning 
Then, I just took a pound of frozen corn, threw it in a colander and rinsed it until it was semi-thawed, and pan-roasted it in olive oil
Next I added some black-eyed peas and the spice seasoning, and cooked it until it was browned.
I then put it in a bowl to cool, and added some peppers and a splash of red wine vinegar
(That's actually pre-pepper and vinegar!)

Pan-Roasted Spicy Corn Salad

Ingredients
  • 1lb frozen corn
  • 15.5 oz can black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
  • 2 bell peppers, any color-chopped
  • 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 recipe fiesta-lime seasoning
Method
  1. Put corn in a colander and rinse with cold water until semi-thawed.
  2. Pan-roast the corn in olive oil over medium heat. Drain and rinse the beans well, then add to the corn. Add the seasoning and continue to cook until browned. 
  3. Transfer to a bowl, add peppers and vinegar, toss and allow to cool. Refrigerate for about an hour and serve.


Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!


©The Village Farmhouse | Amy Heck 2012. Please do not steal my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment