Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Maple-Cranberry String Beans


I usually make this in the fall and especially around Thanksgiving. I got some string beans from someone's garden and decided to make it!




So these were some more vegetables given to me, and I didn't just want to boil and salt them...kinda boring.
I love string beans! one of my favorites to snack on raw. 

After I cooked them until they were semi soft ↑ I added dried cranberries and maple syrup and cooked them to form a glaze.
You can't see it very well in any other pictures, but it candies nicely.



Maple-Cranberry String Beans

Ingredients

  • ½ or 1 lb. string beans
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • ½ cup pure maple syrup
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Method
  1. Wash, dry, and remove stems on the string beans. Sautè in olive oil until semi-soft, and slightly browned.
  2. Add cranberries and syrup. Allow to cook until the syrup reduces and forms a glaze, cranberries will plump. Stir occasionally so beans don't burn. Serve!


©The Village Farmhouse | Amy Heck 2012. Please do not steal my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment