Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Quinoa Pizza Bites (Vegan)

Here's another girls' night appetizer I made! This again is a Pinterest recipe I modified. (Source) 
Again, please bear with me on the photo quality, remember these were reheated, and slightly burned :(

Great recipe though, enjoy!

I've come to find that a lot of people really enjoy quinoa now, and it's much less "what the heck is that?" and more of,  "wow, I've been trying to find new ways to use it!" when you make it. It used to be really difficult to find, but I find most of my ingredients at either Big YStop & Shop, or even Foodtown/Freshtown has a good selection of vegetarian and vegan options now. I'll be honest, I never thought I'd find such a selection of Vegenaise at Freshtown, and it's actually awesome if you like mayo, but don't like all that saturated fat and cholesterol. I for one am a cheese and mayo fiend, and even I like it! ANYWAY, back to this recipe!

Quinoa Pizza Bites

Ingredients
  • 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
  • 2 tsp. soy flour + 2 tbsp. water, or 2 eggs
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. dried basil
  • 1 tbsp. dried oregano
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • pizza sauce, for dipping

Method

Cook quinoa according to package directions (this is usually 2:1 water/quinoa ratio). Cool quinoa, and mix with all ingredients except pizza sauce. Preheat oven to 350°F, lightly oil or spray the bottoms of a muffin or mini muffin tin, and use a tablespoon measure to fill mixture in your pan. If using a full size muffin tin like I did, use a heaping/rounded tablespoon in each cup. Bake 15-20 minutes for minis, approx. 30 minutes for full size. Serve with warm pizza sauce.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment