Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Beef & Broccoli


A fairly simple Chinese favorite, I decided to try my hand at it without deep frying and MSG and all that nonsense. It's probably not like it is at the restaurants(honestly, I've never ordered it), but it's tasty and it's simple. And mild, not like yesterday's recipe!

We buy beef in bulk and split a side with a few people. So, I started by cubing up a boneless rump steak and trimming the excess fat.
Added the spices, garlic, oil, and Worcestershire, tossed and marinated for 5 minutes or so.
Then I browned the beef in some olive oil.
And added a 12 oz. bag of frozen broccoli I thawed and drained.

I only cooked it about 5 minutes after that as I like my broccoli crisp, and to most people, practically raw--I'm weird and I don't like cooked veggies!




Beef & Broccoli

Ingredients

  • 1 Rump steak, cubed
  • 12 oz frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. turmeric
  • 1 tsp. ground coriander
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Method
  1. Cube a steak and trim any excess fat. 
  2. Once cubed, transfer to a bowl and add garlic, all the spices(including salt and pepper), olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce. Toss so everything is coated, marinate for about 5 minutes.
  3. Heat olive oil over medium heat, add marinated beef, and cook until browned. Add broccoli and cook and additional 5 minutes or so. You may need to add more olive oil or water since the broccoli may absorb a fair amount of it.



©The Village Farmhouse | Amy Heck 2012. Please do not steal my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment