Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Grilled Eggplant

Yikers, I know it' been quite a while, and I was kind of running around like crazy the last 2 weeks or so trying to get ready for our Cape Cod trip! I am back now, with some fresh groceries, so I should be back on a regular basis!
Tonight we decided to do some grilled chicken with grilled eggplant, which I topped with marinara. This isn't really a recipe as much as a method. Hope everyone enjoys!

Grilled Eggplant Marinara




I started by cutting the eggplant into thick slices
I then tossed them in olive oil and salt and pepper to coat
I let them marinate like that for about 10 minutes or so.
Alternately, you can remove the skin depending on the doneness you prefer. The longer you cook the eggplant the tougher the skin will get.
Grill until you like the texture and color, mine were relatively dark, but I took a picture of my grill mark skills

Then, stack them on a plate with some marinara between slices. You could top with cheese for a pseudo-"parmesan"!


Enjoy your Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment