Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Easiest Quiche Ever (Seriously!)


I made this for my sister in law and very good friend one afternoon for lunch- as something really quick and super easy for company, and I was asked for the recipe a few times. I never got around to writing it up, but as my friend requested I post it, I figured it into my meals this week. So here you have a tasty Quiche per request!

The beauty of this recipe is that you can put anything you want in it, and there's no crust-the dry ingredients will settle to the bottom and form one!




I started with Bacon, because I feel that a Quiche (or any egg dish) needs some sort of meat in it. I had Bacon on hand, but you could use Ham or any meat you prefer.
So start by cutting everything up

Start browning the bacon and then add the onions
I like mine really crispy for this, because otherwise I find the bacon can get rubbery once you bake it, and caramelized onions are always really delicious
However, I don't like cooked peppers. Like, at all. So, I added my peppers in, took it off the heat and just let them hang out in the pan with the bacon & onions.
Allowing the pan of veggies to cool, start making the egg filling.
Start with some eggs.
Combine baking mix, milk, cheese and pepper (No salt! There's plenty of salt in  the bacon!)
Add a small amount of the veggies to temper the eggs, then stir in the rest.
Pour into a well oiled pie plate
Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes


Super Easy Quiche

Ingredients
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1 onion
  • 2 peppers
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar
  • ½ cup baking mix- any brand (Bisquick, Jiffy, Bob's Red Mill, generic, etc.)
  • 1½ cup milk
  • Pepper, to taste
Method
  1. Roughly chop bacon and vegetables.
  2. Brown bacon in a pan, add onions and continue to brown until bacon is crisp and onions are caramelized.  Add peppers and cook for about a minute, take off heat and allow to cool while making the filling.
  3. Combine eggs, cheese, baking mix, milk and freshly ground black pepper. Slowly add cooked vegetables to egg mixture, to temper the eggs, then gradually add the rest and stir the whole time. Once combined, pour into a well-oiled pie plate.
  4. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.



©The Village Farmhouse | Amy Heck 2012. Please do not steal my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment