Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Kid Breakfast.

I get asked what kinds of things I give my little girl to eat because people know I not only made my own baby food purées, but also try really hard to make everything myself without using packets or shortcuts. I am a stay at home mom, so I have time for this, generally, but it's also important to me to give my family whole, pure foods and I feel the scratch method is the best way to do this. Anyway- one of the easiest, quickest things to do for a little kid is oatmeal. Mine loves it, and not only is it simple but it's full of fiber & whole grains. It keeps her fuller for a longer time and I like to just throw in her fruit choice of the day so it's not the same thing twice a week. The best part is that everything can be adjusted to different amounts depending on portion or tastes!






Cinnamon-Raisin Oatmeal

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup Raisins
  • 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. honey, agave, or maple syrup
  • very small pinch of sea salt
  • hot, or boiling water
Put everything in a cereal bowl and add hot or boiling water until desired consistency is achieved.



Kid approved!


Have a great day!





©The Village Farmhouse | Amy Heck 2012. Please do not steal my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment