Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

*Vegan- BBQ Tempeh and Coleslaw Wrap

I admit, I have been lost on the internet world, with nothing new for the last couple months. I will also admit I have been unable to come up with new recipes, new things to make lately since I've been mostly finding/making other bloggers recipes.
You see, I have had a hard time with this. I have had a hard time because I have been going back and forth making a big decision to become vegetarian, and ultimately, vegan. Or at least to try, most of the time to be. I have decided this after re-assessing my health risks of cancer and heart disease with my terrible family history, and have decided if I can do something to stop it (potentially), or prolong my life, I'm going to. I have a little girl at home with me every day, after all.
So, posts will be infrequent until I get the hang of this thing.
BUT, tonight, after not having a clue what to do and not wanted to make another stir-fry, the creative bug once again hit my brain and gave me an idea. 




You see, my husband loves wraps. My daughter has decided she doesn't like to eat. So for the two of us, wraps instead of pizza for Friday night sounded great. And the vegan cheese is sort of expensive.
Unfortunately, I only got one picture of this because I did not think it would be a great success. I will be making this again, and it came out so well, my husband told me he could eat it for lunch everyday.

What you will need (no recipe since this was thrown together):
  • 1 package Tempeh - I use this
  • 1-2 cups coleslaw (I use the bagged kind)
  • 2 large tablespoons VegenaiseNayonaise, or mayonnaise of your choice.
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce of choice
  • 1/2 red onion
  • handful button mushrooms, sliced
  • tortillas
  • 1 tbsp. Italian dressing, or dressing of choice
  • olive oil, for the pan.
Slice the tempeh into strips, and then halve down the middle. Mix tempeh in a bowl with the BBQ sauce. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
In another bowl, combine coleslaw, Vegenaise, onion, mushrooms, and dressing.
Brown tempeh on both sides over medium heat. Use any excess BBQ sauce in the coleslaw and mix together.
Pile coleslaw on a tortilla, and lay 3-4 strips of tempeh on top. Wrap up, and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment