Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Raisin Bran Muffins



In my last post, I was very optimistic thinking I would have leftovers from Thanksgiving to take pictures of for this little blog. 


As it turned out, I didn't, and I really couldn't bring myself to make more of the same stuff.
SO.
Since it's been forever, again, I decided I would show you some pictures of muffins I make pretty often. I make them as a quick grab-and-go breakfast so my husband has something on his rushed way out the door, and I'm usually too tired to get up with him. This is an unoriginal recipe,  I found it on the side of a raisin bran box!

They're pretty delicious, I couldn't hold back from having about 3 myself.






These really are my favorite recipe that I've found on a box of something. I always check when I buy cereal or anything boxed/packaged to see if there is a recipe on the side.

These. Are. Scrumptious. They barely last a week at my house.

They have apples, raisins, bran, and I use white whole wheat flour. Muffins tend to get tough, and I've found a little extra yogurt or milk (if you've over-mixed, or if your whole wheat flour is a little old) softens them right up.

They look pretty under a glass cover, all tucked in together. 

And, each batch makes about 15-18. Though, this one made just shy of 2 dozen, because I had to add some miilk. 

They're delicious with butter (or, Earth Balance, if you're me)

Or peanut butter

Or, as my husband prefers, both!


NOM NOM NOM.

I'm stopping now. Here's the recipe.


Raisin Bran Muffins
Yields: 15-18

Ingredients

  • 1½ cups Raisin Bran cereal
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1½ cups peeled and chopped apples (about 2 apples)
  • 2½ cups white whole wheat flour
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 2½ tsp. baking powder (aluminum-free)
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin pans with paper cups, and spray with nonstick cooking spray
  2. In a medium bowl, combine milk, oil, eggs, vanilla and cereal. Let stand 10 minutes, then stir to break up the cereal. Add apples and mix.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
  4. Make a well in the center of the mixture, and pour wet ingredients in. Stir until just combined. If it is too dry, add a little milk until it is a wet batter, almost like wet cookie dough, but not like a cake batter.
  5. Spoon into prepared baking cups. Bake 16-18 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment